Saturday, October 27, 2012

Winter Reading:

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, I have read this several times thru out my life
and I love it! The world is at war with an alien race and young children are being
trained for space combat, a great read for young adults and guys. When I found out
 the movie was going to be released next year (starring Harrison Ford!) I knew I had
 to reread it again!


      My friend Ivana (over at Macaroons & Pearls) has been posting about her latest reads and I thought to myself "What a wonderful idea!" Since the rainy season is upon us, I know I will be spending less time in my garden and more time inside reading books. Although my physical body will be wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket accompanied by a hot cup of tea, my imagination (with the help of a few books!) will be off having amazing adventures and learning new knowledge. I have a very eclectic taste in books so I am sure there is a subject for everyone in my selection. Take a quick peek at what I am reading now and I will let let you guys in on my reviews in a few weeks! 




I found this in an old box and I'm excited to read local ghost stories
 by candle light in the coming days before Halloween.

I found Style by Lauren Conrad in a discount bin and decided to give Lauren
Conrad a chance. I never watched The Hills or Laguna Beach so I don't know much about her but I love her clothes in all the tabloid magazine pictures that I see in the grocery store!

Lemons and Lavender  by Billee Sharp: I admit that I have already begun reading this one. Full of interesting content on a variety of subjects like how to start your own garden, start a budget, making your own holiday gifts, and plenty of other ways to reduce your home spending, how to utilize the environment, and live better! I can't wait to pick it up again to be honest. 


Gemstones of the World by Walter Schumann: I have been constantly reading this book for several weeks now and will continue to do so for a long time. Full of information about minerals and precious stones including great color photos. Really fantastic guide if you are interested in what makes up our earth!

     I hope you guys could find a good book to cozy up with! Here's a recipe that might help keep you warm as the days cool down:





Magic Ingredients:
-2 cups hot earl grey tea
-1 orange
-honey (to taste)
(serves 2)

Directions:
1: Cut two slices of orange to garnish each cup of citrus tea, juice the remainder of the orange.
2: Pour the hot tea into two cups, split the juice of the orange between the servings, and add honey to taste (I prefer lavender), garnish with orange slices.
3: Sip and enjoy with a good book! (PS, you could add a shot of whiskey if you're into that too!)

Yours,
Nico

2 comments:

  1. I love Ender's Game; it's one of my favorites too. I had forgotten they were making a movie. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For more good science fiction reads, try Alastair Reynolds.

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!